Here are some resources for residents and visitors to the Lake Tahoe area.
Here are some of the best articles for hikes in the Lake Tahoe area.
- “5 Incredible Fall Hikes Near South are Tahoe” by Shaun Hunter, OutdoorProject.com, 23 Oct 2017
- “8 Top-Rated Hiking Trails near South Lake Tahoe” by Lana Law, PlanetWare.com, 1 Dec 2017
- “North Lake Tahoe Hiking Trails” by GoTahoeNorth.com
- “Six Great Hikes in Tahoe South” by Jenn Gleckman, TahoeSouth.com, 6 June 2018
- “The Top 10 Hikes in Lake Tahoe” by LakeTahoe.com
Here is some information about lodging in the Lake Tahoe area including Airbnb options, hotels, lodges, motels, and resorts.
- Expedia – Lake Tahoe Hotels
- TripAdvisor.com – Lake Tahoe
- USNews.com – Best Hotels in Lake Tahoe
- Cost. During peak season (summer and winter), the cost of lodging close to the lake will go up. So, a logical choice would be to stay somewhere in Carson City to save on lodging costs. The drive between Carson City and South Lake Tahoe can take about 45 minutes to an hour. It’s a nice drive, but may become repetitive and time consuming for someone staying a week or more in the area.
- Proximity. Staying near the lake has advantages. For example, limited parking and excess traffic are less of an issue if you park at a local hotel and get around on foot, bike, taxi, or public transit. There’s plenty of lodging within walking distance from the Heavenly Resort gondola lift where you’ll also find restaurants. various shops, and beach access. In addition to the convenience of staying close, you’ll reduce your impact on the area environment.
Here are some great Lake Tahoe websites.
- BestLakeTahoe.com – Simple non-commercial site with basic resources.
- GoTahoeNorth.com – North Lake Tahoe Visitor Bureau
- KeepTahoBlue.org – Helping preserve the beauty of Tahoe for future generations.
- LakeTahoeGC.com – South Lake Tahoe Golf Course
- LakeTahoeShakespear.com – “The mission of Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival is to enrich our community by providing the highest quality theatrical, cultural and educational experiences to the widest possible audience in the Lake Tahoe region.”
- LonelyPlanet.com – Tahoe
- Map.TahoeBike.org – Bike Trails of Lake Tahoe
- OutdoorProject.com – Tahoe
- TahoeBike.org – Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition
- TahoeChamber.org – Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce
- TahoeSouth.com – South Lake Tahoe Visitor Bureau
- TripAdvisor.com – Tahoe
- USNews.com – Tahoe
- VisitingLakeTahoe.com – Official Lake Tahoe Visitor Bureaus